We all know that social media are overrated. People love to share their everyday moments, it could be an out of town travel or simply an everyday task that’s needed to finish. I myself love to share my everyday adventures, whether going to my events or catching up with friends, I think this is how it goes nowadays.
ASUS Philippines launched the ZenFone Live last April 6 and announced Paolo Ballesteros as their ambassador. He is the perfect face for the brand because Paolo loves to share his makeup transformation why not do it Live?
I’m really conscious with my looks specifically whenever I post in my social media accounts. When we were asked to do Facebook Live, just like everyone, I’m nervous and quite excited. There were thoughts coming into my mind if there will be viewers or will I look good during our live session?
Well before I give you my experience about doing the ZenFone live, let me share my unboxing and review.
If you avail the ZenFone Live and you’re one of the first 200 customers, this will be included everything you see on the picture. This is actually perfect for your “on Live” needs.
The unit I got is Rose Gold in color. The box includes a USB cable for charging, adapter, earphones, SIM card ejector and the manual. The Livestream Beautifully box has ASUS Lolliflash, mini tripod, mirror and sticker emoticons.
The ZenFone live is 5.0 inch and weighs 120g. The design is very sleek and classy, it’s actually same sized with an iPhone 7. It can be fully gripped in just one hand, its thin and very light.
The screen is 5 inch in size topped with a smooth 2.5 HD curved glass. Just right above is where you can find the earpiece, the front camera and a soft light LED selfie flash. At the bottom part are the three capacitive buttons for navigation with no backlight.
On the right, the volume rocker and the power/lock button is placed while on the left is the hybrid SIM tray. Unfortunately, there is no memory card slot hence, its not expandable.
On the top of the ZenFone Live are the headset port and the secondary microphone.
Down below is dedicated to loud speaker, the micro-USB port, and the primary microphone.
At the back, you’ll see the 13MP main shooter and LED flash and the shiny ASUS logo.
The ZenFone Live is made classy with its metallic color finish and false antenna lines. It is very light to hold in just one hand while doing selfies or doing handheld live broadcast which the device is designed for.
ZenFone Live Specifications
- Design: 2.5D Arc Glass
- Weight: 120g
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720) IPS Display, 75% screen-to-body ratio, Blue Light Filter
- OS: Android version 6.0 with ZenUI 3.5
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 13/32 ROM
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core Processor
- Audio: Dual MEMS Mic, 5-Magnet Speaker
- Connectivity: Dual SIM standby (2G,3G,4G)
- Camera: Front Live Streaming, real time Beautification technology, Large sensor 1.4um pixels for 2x light sensitivity, Soft light LED flash, Rear 13MP PixelMaster, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, Single LED Flash for natural skin tones
- Battery: 2600mAh
- Colors: Shimmer Gold, Rose Pink, Navy Black
- Price: Php 6995
ZenFone Live sample photos:
The Live Beautification Feature of the ZenFone Live:
Things I love about the ZenFone Live
- Battery is equipped with 2,650 mAh and can last for a day.
- The audio was loud and clear even during live streaming.
- The design is like an iPhone, very sleek and stylish.
- The camera is decent for the price.
- The price is affordable.
- There are three colors available for this phone model.
- To top it all, from the name itself Live, its very good for Live Streaming and has a special feature of beautification.
What I don’t like:
Although the Live feature of the ZenFone Live is great because of the “Beautification Mode” during live streaming, it still depends on your internet connection. It tends to become blurry if you don’t have strong network.
I therefore recommend this to all those people who love to share their everyday moments on their social media accounts. In addition to that, it can also be a good tool if you want to start your own video blog plus very handy.
The question, is it worth it?
If you’re looking for a phone that has a special feature of Live Beautification mode well this is the one for you, but then, there are still more ASUS models out in the market today.